BOFI Racing understands the importance of protecting your personal data and takes its protection very seriously. This policy describes the data we hold on you, what we use it for and how long will we keep hold of it. This policy also briefly describes the rights and protections you can expect from the law in respect to how we process your personal data.
Your rights pertaining to how we process your personal data set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and summarised below:
- Information: You have the right to know what data about you we hold and how we process it
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of all the data we hold about you at any time
- Rectification: You can correct any data we hold about you if it is inaccurate
- Deletion: You can request that we delete all the personal data we hold about you and we have to comply if we no longer have any lawful or legitimate basis for holding on to it
- Objection: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if we don’t have any lawful or legitimate basis for processing it
- Restriction: You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data if we don’t have any lawful or legitimate basis for processing it
- Portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another company if we are processing your data based upon a suitable contract
If you wish to exercise any of your the rights under the GDPR, please use the Contact Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 30 days.
The Data We Collect
In order for some features of the website to work we need to collect some personal data from you. The table below lists the data we collect and when we collect it.
|Data Collected||When it is Collected*|
|Full Name||Using the Contact Form
Placing An Order
Opening an Account
|Email Address||Using the Contact Form
Placing An Order
Opening an Account
|Billing Address||Placing an Order|
|Shipping Address||Placing an Order|
|Phone Number||Placing an Order|
|IP Address||Browsing the site|
* The actions listed will request the data, it is possible to provide all of this data via the account pages voluntarily at any time
How we use your Data
Contact Us Form
We use your full name and email address to respond to any enquiries submitted via the contact page
Placing an Order
We will use your full name, email address and delivery address to send you products when you make a purchase through the website.
We will use your full name and billing address to authorise card payments and receive payment for your purchase.
We will share your delivery address contact telephone number with the courier delivering your order. This may be used to clarify delivery instructions, for help locating the delivery address or to arrange access.
If you consent to marketing, we will use your email address to send you marketing communications. You have the right to unsubscribe from marketing at any time.
Your IP Address is collected by our analytics suite to allow us to better understand the browsing habits of our users. We use the data provided by the analytics suite to focus on improving areas of the site as highlighted by aggregated user activity.
Sharing your Personal Data
We share your personal data with our trusted third-party partners. These partners can be broken down into the following categories:
- Delivery couriers
- Payment service providers (used to authorise online payments)
- Email and marketing service providers (used to manage our electronic communications and personalised marketing offers)
- Suppliers (when delivery of an order is made directly from a supplier to you)
In all cases, we only share the minimum amount of data required for our partners to provide their services
We may choose to use any one of our preferred delivery couriers to deliver your order. The courier is typically chosen based on the size, weight and destination of a package. Currently, our preferred delivery services are Royal Mail, UPS and DPD.
Payment Service Providers
We authorise payments using Stripe, PayPal and Klarna
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Email and Marketing Service Providers
Currently, much of our product catalog is shipped directly to you from our suppliers. This enables us to offer a larger selection of curated products and provide a better service to you. In order for this to work, we will share your delivery address, email address and contact number with our suppliers.
Transfers of Personal Data
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside of the EEA.
We retain your personal data for 5 years from the date of your last order. After this time your personal data will be completely anonymised or deleted based on the nature of the data and the needs of our analytics suite.