SkidNation Coolant Reroute Kit with Thermostat Housing Blanking For Mazda MX-5 NA 1.8 & NB
This complete reroute kit includes all the parts you’ll need for a successful and worry-free installation. The aluminium material used provides excellent corrosion resistance and will easily outlive any car.
All spacers include 1/8″ NPT thread for aftermarket coolant temperature gauge and blanking cap.
Here are some of its many benefits:
- Reroute kit reverts the coolant flow back to the original path as designed for Mazda B6/BP engine, which improves the cooling and keeps the rear of the engine happy.
- Customize the kit to fit your MX-5 build. If you choose the 1/8″ NPT thread, we’ll provide a free blanking plug so you can use it even if you don’t have the additional gauge yet! With us, you have the flexibility you need.
- The standard kit retains a working heater system and original sensor locations for your ECU and coolant bypass circuit. This keeps the coolant flowing when the thermostat is still closed, which allows for a proper warm-up and cold over-pressure protection.
- This Modification is fully reversible if you keep all your original parts.
This version of the kit comes with a Housing blanking plate, this simply replaces the thermostat housing cover(the part that is usually attached to the top rad pipe) and forces the coolant through the rear reroute. You won’t need to remove anything else to fit this.
- In case you have an EGR system on your 99 car, you will need to modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine or blank the EGR system.
- Please beware of cheap aluminium radiators. A good radiator core design is crucial and some of the cheaper aftermarket radiators perform worse than stock. A coolant reroute with a large valve thermostat and stock radiator will do a better job than just installing a large cheap aluminium radiator with no reroute.
- This coolant reroute kit fits the Mazda MX-5 NA 1.8 and NB. You can fit this to an NA 1.6 If you have an aftermarket ECU and fan switch delete.