Manley Forged Connecting rods
Manley H Beam connecting rods are the go-to forged rod for Mazda MX-5s. Manufactured from 4340 steel, they undergo an extensive finishing process to deliver excellent durability. Heat treating and shot peening relieve stresses in the connecting rod. Each Manley rod is then individually magnafluxed using a strong magnetic field to test its integrity.
Once quality inspections have been passed, the wrist pins and big-end bores are machined to within +/-.0002 in. Complimented by 3/8″ ARP2000 cap fasteners, four connecting rods for the Mazda MX-5 are rated to 600 over horsepower at the flywheel. Manley balance each set of connecting rods within +/-1.5 grams. A bronze alloy bushing is pre-installed at the small end of the rod.
- Manufactured from 4340 forgings
- Heat-treated, stress relieved, shot peened and 100% individually magnafluxed
- Weight matched sets +/-1.5 grams
- Cap fasteners are 3/8” ARP 2000
- Flywheel horsepower range for these rods in a 4 cylinder application is 600+