This ECU will suit a 99-00 loom either a 1.6 or a 1.8 where the existing ecu is connected by 3 plugs (it’s important to check this). Looking to swap a VVT engine in? No worries. Buy based on your loom.
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the ME442 installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
Along with the standard ME221 feature set, the ME442 version adds the following features:
- On-board Bosch Wideband Lambda O2 Controller (Just add one of our Wideband sensor kits to give highly accurate closed loop fuelling.)
- On-board Real-Time-Clock and SD Card Data Logging
- Drive-by-Wire Support
- K-Type EGT Input
- Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- CAN Bus for external dashboards and expandability (data output)
The core has as standard:
- Uses the ME ECU Core (180Mhz 32-bit NXP Automotive Processing Power)
- Standalone replacement ECU board which supports all factory sensors.
- Plug-In : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- USB Connectivity
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- On-board 60psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost, Lambda, VVT and DSP Knock Control
- Extensive spare I/O for extra features, sensors and actuators.
- In the field regular free firmware updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME442 Plug-In Management System
- USB Cable
- Vacuum Hose