Flow Force LS Coil Kit for Mazda MX-5 NA & NB
Run V8 LS Coils in your boosted MX-5 with this plug and play kit from Flowforce. With a Stainless Steel bracket and D585 coils LS Coils, this kit is capable of taking almost anything you can throw at it. This is a very design to what was used in our 350WHP big turbo MX-5, Winston. (R.I.P.)
The coils are used OEM GM V8 truck coils which are inspected and refurbished by flowforce themselves. Following their strict QC processes around 5% of all tested coils are rejected.
The kit is designed as a plug and play kit for the Mazda MX5 NA & NB. While this kit will work with VVT engines, the bracket does require some modification to fit with the VVT unit on the cam cover.
Along with the bracket, the kit comes with custom 8.5mm HT leads that are a direct fit to the 1989-2000 Engines. The VVT engines came with a slightly smaller hole, if you’re looking to use these with VVT the boots will need to be slightly modified to fit. If you’re looking to use this with VVT consider this a DIY Kit.
Your kit will come ready for batch ignition, the same as the OEM coils using a wasted spark, however, this can be upgraded to run sequential ignition through the sequential add-on harness. In order to make this work, you will need to wire this into an aftermarket ECU.
- 1 x Stainless Steel Bracket
- 1 x Main coil harness
- 2 x Female harness plugs
- 4 x FlowForce refurbished D585 coils
- 4 x high-performance plug wires for 1990-2000 (can be modified to fit 01+)
- Sequential add-on wires (if selected)
- NA 1.6 Igniter patch harness (if selected)
- The blue coil brackets now come in a powder-coated gunmetal grey finish
- You will need an aftermarket ECU to use these coils