The stock MX5 breather system works well, and at low rpm and partial throttle conditions it pulls a vacuum to reduce crankcase windage. The downside to this factory solution is that it recirculates all of the oil vapours directly into the inlet manifold, this reduces the effective octane rating of your fuel and reduces the performance of your engine.
The DaveFab dedicated MX5 Catch Can is designed to fit perfectly in the engine bay and is supplied with 1.5m of hose and clips for a neat install. The internal baffle separates suspended oil vapours and allows them to be collected preventing oily intakes.
The Catch Can bolts to the existing mounting holes in place of the factory Charcoal Canister.
- 2x 10mm barbed inlet ports
- 1x outlet grommet to suit 14mm barbed adaptor for breather filter
- 1x drain plug
- 1x breather filter
- 2x M6 Stainless Steel Flanged Bolts
- 2x M6 Nyloc Nuts
- Adjustable mounting bracket to fit Charcoal Canister location
- One litre capacity
- Oil level sight gauge
- 1.5m oil hose
- 4x hose spring clips
- 2x blanking caps
- Laser profiled baffle is effective and eliminates the chance of steel wool or other baffle material entering the engine
- Full TIG welded, CNC folded aluminium construction
- Finished in a stealthy satin textured black powdercoat
- Laser etched stainless steel DaveFab plaque